What is a Safety Audit?
January 10 Safety Audit
Getting to know what a safety audit is and how it can benefit your business can help you provide a safer work environment for your employees. At EFAS, we want to help make your worksite as safe as possible. That is why we offer a range of mobile safety services, including safety audits and safety training.
What is a Safety Audit?
A safety audit is a structured process that is used to collect information relating to a company’s efficiency, effectiveness, and reliability. This type of inspection is more thorough than technical inspections or spot-check inspections, as it also involves reviewing the company’s safety documentation in order to determine how the company can improve its total health and safety management system.
Safety audits serve two main functions:
- Safety audits are conducted on a regular basis to determine whether or not a company is in compliance with the appropriate safety regulations.
- Safety audits are used to identify weaknesses in safety programs and processes in order to identify corrective actions that should be taken.
Why Should You Get a Worksite Safety Audit?
While not all industries require safety audits to be conducted in the workplace, having regular safety audits performed can help you determine how effective your safety programs are. Safety audits can be performed internally by supervisors or employees, as well as a by an independent third-party safety auditor.
Some of the main benefits of getting a safety audit of your worksite include:
- Promoting constant system reviews that ensure they do not become weakened by habit.
- Facilitating planned improvements to programs, policies, and procedures.
- Helping to identify weaknesses in the human resources department.
- Helping to demonstrate a strong dedication to ensuring the overall health and safety of employees.
- Confirming that employees and management are using safety programs
- Verifying compliance with the proper safety regulations.
- Discovering and identifying potential hazards.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing management controls.
- Ensuring a safe workplace for employees.
- Evaluating the adequacy of the company’s safety training and performance.
If you would like to learn more about what a safety audit is and the benefits it can offer your business, or if you are interested in one of our mobile safety supply (first aid supply, fire protection, or safety equipment) or safety training and safety audit services, please contact EFAS at 604-294-EFAS or by filling out a contact form on our website.